Tricia Yu is an Associate. She has experience in handling multi-party commercial litigation and disputes across a broad range of issues and with cross-border elements.
Tricia has represented corporate and individual clients in complex commercial disputes involving breach of contract, shareholders disputes, recovery of debt and contentious probate matters.
She also represented clients in investigations involving regulatory and fraud related matters, as well as a Hong Kong listed company in a scheme of arrangement application.
Prior to her legal career, Tricia had a career in the financial sector specialising in asset management. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics.
Tricia is dual-qualified in Hong Kong and England and Wales. She is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Purchase of two commercial properties
Assisted in advising on a contractual dispute with a potential claim of over HK$350 million arising out of the sale and purchase of two commercial properties in Hong Kong.
Assisted in an injunction application on behalf of a domain name investor in relation to 43 valuable domain names.
Hong Kong company
Assisted in advising a Hong Kong company on the recovery of a debt of HK$70 million, including an application for a summary judgment.
Late tycoon’s estate
Assisted in advising the joint and several administrators in the administration of a late tycoon’s estate.
Investigation by a regulator
Assisted in advising on an investigation by a regulator in respect of MPF intermediaries’ regulated activities.
Debt restructuring of a company
Assisted in advising on the debt restructuring of a company listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, including an application for a scheme of arrangement (with cross-border elements) to the Hong Kong Court.
- Associate, Karas So LLP, 2022
- Legal Assistant (pending admission), Karas So LLP, 2022
- Legal Assistant, Howse Williams, 2021
- Trainee Solicitor, Howse Williams, 2019
- Analyst, State Street Global Advisors, 2013
- Equity Trader, ING Investment Management (Asia Pacific), 2011
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, 2019
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Juris Doctor, 2018
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 2008
- Hong Kong 2022
- England and Wales 2023