Vanessa Lee is a Associate of Karas So LLP.
Prior to joining the firm in 2023, Vanessa worked at the Department of Justice as a Legal Trainee. Vanessa has experience in a broad range of contentious matters including disciplinary proceedings for professional misconduct and judicial reviews, and has acted as a court prosecutor in the Magistrates’ Courts.
During her traineeship, Vanessa was also seconded to an international law firm where she assisted in commercial advisory matters ranging from mergers and acquisitions to general Listing Rules compliance.
Vanessa is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Acted as the sole advocate for the prosecution in a two-day trial involving two defendants jointly charged with trafficking in a dangerous drug.
Advising law enforcement agencies
Assisted in advising law enforcement agencies on various matters (e.g. the sufficiency of the evidence for instituting prosecution and disclosure) in criminal investigations.
Assisted in giving advice to a disciplinary body on the merits of a complaint of professional misconduct.
Assisted in successfully defending a judicial review application involving constitutional challenges before the Court of Appeal.
- Associate, Karas So LLP (2023)
- Seconded Trainee, Reed Smith Richards Butler LLP (2022)
- Legal Trainee (Solicitor), Department of Justice (2021)
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) (2021)
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Juris Doctor (2020)
- University College London, BSc (Hons) Psychology (2015)