Jamie Chan is an Associate of Karas So LLP, with a broad range of experience in commercial litigation.
Jamie has assisted listed companies, financial institutions and high net worth individuals in contentious matters of various areas, including cyber fraud, product liability, contractual disputes, recovery of debts, breach of fiduciary duty and probate administration.
Apart from handling general commercial disputes, Jamie has also represented a listed company in Hong Kong in a scheme of arrangement application for the purposes of restructuring its debts owed to various banks and institutions.
Jamie was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2021 and is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Advising a Macanese tycoon in litigation proceedings (in Hong Kong) against a PRC state-owned enterprise in relation to a significant real estate development project in Macau
Founder of a high-profile coffee chain
Advising the founder of a high-profile coffee chain with substantial operations in the PRC (and listed in US) in disputes against a consortium of investment banks
Listed company in Hong Kong
Advising a listed company in Hong Kong in a scheme of arrangement application for the purpose of restructuring a USD800m+ debt owed to various banks and institutions
Well-known cosmetic products supplier
Advising a well-known cosmetic products supplier in an HKIAC arbitration concerning its dispute with a distributor in the PRC
A number of cyber fraud cases
Advising in a number of cyber fraud cases, involving applications to obtain Mareva injunctions, ancillary disclosure orders and garnishee orders
- Associate, Karas So LLP, 2022
- Associate, Howse Williams, 2021
- Legal Assistant (pending admission), Howse Williams, 2020
- Trainee Solicitor, Howse Williams, 2018
- The University of Hong Kong, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, 2018
- The University of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Laws, 2017
- The University of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Social Sciences (Government & Laws), 2015
- High Court of Hong Kong, January 2021